This post has been compensated by Extended Stay America – All opinions are mine alone.Are you visiting Nashville and wanting to find family friendly activities? We are sharing our favorite 19 Family Friendly Things to do in Nashville, TN – sharing things to do in downtown Nashville, free things to do, things to do on the weekend and some of the funnest in Nashville.
Family Friendly Things to do in Nashville TN
We spent three days in Nashville Tennessee last week and it was a blast! We were worn out by the time we got home though…because we kept the roads hot and hopped from spot to spot. If you are planning a visit to Nashville I want to tell you I researched and asked around at the best spots and I have to say hands down I’m sharing the best with you! I still have things on my list that we didn’t get to hit up, so next time I’m going to try those spots as well.
- We stayed at Extended Stay America – right near Vanderbilt which is just right in the downtown Nashville area. I have to say it was the perfect area to be because we were so convenient to my entire list of places to visit. Extended Stay America has been doing a $1 Billion investment in renovations across the nation and if you are looking for a vacation in the future they have so many great locations to choose from! Our Nashville location was brand spanking newly remodeled and it was top notch. I couldn’t ask for better accommodations as a family traveling – having a full size fridge, small kitchen, access to laundry room – it’s a traveling moms dream to have all of that right there where you are staying.
- Visit Centennial Park – take time to walk around and enjoy the green space. Get the wiggles out for the kids. There is a splash pad but we didn’t get around to it.
- Visit the Parthenon – even if you don’t tour it, take some time to walk around it…it’s massive!
- Grab a King of Pop’s – popsicle…these are handmade popsicles and oh so good! This little cart was in Centennial park near the Parthenon entrance!
- Have breakfast at Biscuit Love – order a plate of bonuts – you can thank me later, but your thighs won’t! haha
- Eat at The Pharmacy the best burger around and the atmosphere was relaxed and chill too.
- Drive through the local neighborhoods. You’ll be so inspired!
- White’s Mercantile – I could have browsed this little shop all day long. So many unique finds.
- Draper James – hop into the store and you’ll be greeted with southern hospitably and sweet tea!
- Find a Nashville Painting – this is a classic…you have to take your picture with one of these signs! These are in several spots around town.
- Christie’s Cookies – Snag a sample then buy one for the road. You can’t go wrong picking any of the cookies.
- Walk down 12th South – the best street in Nashville with plenty to eat and shop. This was my favorite spot.
- Make your own flower bouquet at an Amelia’s flower truck – see their locations here as they change daily.
- Edley’s BBQ can’t be beat – get the beef brisket tacos – oh my mouth watering good. They are available until sold out of brisket, so get there for 11 when they open and avoid the lines! Oh and don’t buy your child the chicken tender plate – those tenders were spicy HOT! I speak from experience with my three year old!
- Visit the Capitol
- Find the bright colorful walls in the Gulch and stop to get pictures!
- Park and walk around Downtown Nashville
- Grab a GooGoo Cluster at the downtown store
- Eat at Acme Feed and Seed – a beautiful view, so I’m told! We paid for parking – went through the hassle of getting everyone out of the car…to walk around to the front door and find they were closed for a private event. I can’t tell you how many people told us to eat there…so one day we’ll be back!
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, as well as talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure… we love to travel and love being involved in ministry opportunities at our church. WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST