We just had our first flying experience with our little Elle. It was fun. Yet I was nervous, for lack of better words, how she would do on the flight and she was a champ! So today, whether you are flying with kids or without, I want to share a little about Flying Essentials for traveling moms! (We’ll get to baby later!! Let’s take care of mama first!) Let’s talk about what you want to make sure is packed and not forgotten! If you are in the packing stage you might want to read this first and help you get organized while packing.
- Blanket – a light weight blanket can duel as a pillow too if you roll it up!
- Sweater/Scarf – Planes are always cold plus you have one on you for the rest of your trip. I try to always pack a neutral one that will go with any outfit I have packed!
- Water Bottle – of course you can’t take it with water in it. But I love to take my camelback with me so I can put my own water in it throughout my flight and trip.
- Protein Bar/s or Snacks – Flight layovers are never at convenient times to pick up a meal, plus if you are late and crunched on time because of a delay you don’t have to fret about no food or getting a mere bag of pretzels. Plus the protein really carries you over if need be!
- Book / Magazines – take something to do that doesn’t require battery life. Again if unforeseen delays happen and you are stuck you want something to do!
- Apps – Download some apps that interest you even if it’s a game such as solitaire!!
- Hand Sanitizer – Yes oh yes! A travelers best friend!!!
- Toiletries – I always fly with my make-up and toiletries with me. Incase of a delay or my bags don’t end up at my destination at the same time I arrive there is nothing worse than being stuck without deodorant or a tooth brush!
- Change of Clothes – Again just incase when I arrive at my destination and my bags aren’t there waiting on me, I have clean undies!
- Closed Toe Shoes – Planes can be cool, plus usually in the summer/spring time the closed toe shoes are your bulkiest to pack so to make packing lighter I wear these on!
- Ear Buds – I love listening to music on the plane, it drowns out the people that are talking around me plus all of the odd noises that I have no clue what they are, keeps me from worrying less!!
- Camera –> more thoughts on how to pack lightly with camera gear HERE. Please take a camera on your travels and document your trip! Don’t check this on, carry it on with you.
- Journal/ Notebook – Document your trip. I love writing and journaling so I love to take this along with me and write on my flight or during my trip. Some opt for an app on their phone, but I’m a pen and paper junkie!
What would you add to this list?
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our new little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!