Years ago a friend and I took a day trip to explore that area and we had a blast…infact it just wasn’t long enough and ever since then we’ve talked about making it a weekend trip for our family.
After seeing so many great documentaries (like the video below) and photos it’s now added to my bucket list…and by added I mean I bumped it up to the top!
We love to travel as a family and this would be a GREAT weekend trip for us, seeing it’s close and also the capitol of our home state. Have you ever been to visit Jackson, Mississippi?
Jackson, MS is an affordable up-and-coming city that everyone should have the chance of exploring whether you’re a foodie, a music lover, an art and culture aficionado, an history buff, or just someone who likes to explore new places.
We love to visit family friendly locations seeing that we have a toddler and it’s fun to explore together. Between the food, the festivals, activities and architecture it looks to be a perfect place to take your family.(photo credit: Visit Jackson) (photo credit: Visit Jackson) (photo credit: Visit Jackson)
When we visit new places there are a few things we always do:
- Book a hotel in a quiet, safe location
- Research the weather/time of year
- Find the local hole in the wall restaurants to try
- Read and find out about the culture of that particular city
- Look up family friendly activities
- Plan activities for a rainy day i.e. museums or inside play grounds(photo credit: Visit Jackson) (photo credit: Visit Jackson) (photo credit: Visit Jackson) (photo credit: Visit Jackson) (photo credit: Visit Jackson)
- Find a park for a picnic
- See if there are any free museums that interest you
- See if there are there any local activities that sound fun
- Map out a nice drive. Sometimes getting off the beaten path will let you explore really neat places as well.
To get a better glimpse about Jackson, MS watch part of this amazing documentary:
Hi! I’m Erin, a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little two year old, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that we run two successful businesses together!