This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CambialoConQS #CollectiveBias
Today’s Post: We love to travel and have learned a few space saving packing hacks, travel hacks during holidays and how to travel smarter. These 10 Hacks for Holiday Travel are sure to provide sanity to your adventures!
10 Hacks for Holiday Travel
- Don’t travel during peak hours- if you can avoid leaving town when “everyone else” is leaving town you’ll have a much easier road trip ahead. Think of the cities you’ll be traveling through and when you will be hitting those areas. Is it during rush hour? Plan your trip ahead of time to avoid rush hour in the major cities you’ll be traveling through.
- Space Saving Packing Hack- It’s true, the lighter you can pack the better of you are. Yet make a list a head of time so you don’t forget the necessities. As Bacon is Magic says “ship your gifts ahead of time” a brilliant holiday travel hack if you ask me!
- Prep your car before you leave town- Make sure your gas tank is full and your oil is changed and ready for the miles ahead. My hubby always heads to Walmart and grabs the Quaker State® oil to change our oil with…it is a great oil at a great price with durability and honesty! With the thousands of miles of stop-and-go traffic, idling, and extreme temperatures, during travels, are the exact tests that Quaker State® Advanced Durability™ Motor Oil uses to delver protection. Quaker State® Advanced Durability™ proved it delivers twice the wear protection of the industry standard throughout its life. We felt it was a good choice for our needs!
- Pack extra – you know like FOOD! Who doesn’t like to munch and snack on a road trip! There is nothing more fun than buying special snacks for traveling! I’m a HUGE fan of this hack!
- Go with the Flow- If there is traffic or delays, you’re on vacation go with the flow. It happens and there is nothing you can do about it!
- Download Apps – consider downloading some free apps to your smart phone so you can search for nearby restaurants when you stop or gas stations!
- Grab Your First Aid/ Medicine Bag- no one ever plans on getting sick on vacation but be prepared incase it happens. Grab your basic first aid items and medicine bag and tuck it away in the trunk incase you need it along the way. You’d rather have it with you than have to find a pharmacy that is open at midnight because of a sickness!
- Don’t forget a Car Charger for your devices- smartphone, iPad, computer or any other device be sure to grab the chargers as well!
- Keep all Valuables locked in your trunk or covered- during holidays everyone knows there is a lot of travel happening. Keep your valuables out of eye shot.
- Enjoy the Adventure- it’s a vacation to be remembered. The good and the bad! Enjoy it and see it all as an adventure while making memories!
I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little 15 month old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that we run three successful home businesses!